Welcome Nate Ackley to our Region!!!!!!!!!!
We are pleased to announce that Nathan (Nate) Ackley will be joining our region as a Staff Associate in Missoula starting this month. Nate grew up in Colorado Springs where he met Jesus through Young Life. He spent the past 4 years at Ozark Christian University in Joplin, MO in pursuit of a Ministry Degree where he also served as a volunteer leader and on student staff. Nate loves snowboarding, mountain biking, and anything outdoors. He is excited to be heading back to the West and we are thrilled to welcome him to the team as he plans to arrive in Missoula on August 20th. You can reach out to Nate and welcome to our Region. His cell is 719-930-8355 and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
R1 for Fall Camp is due ASAP!!!!!!!!
R1 for Fall camp is due on August 15th. Email Keith and Kaitlyn how many kids you plan on brining to fall camp.
You can now sign up for Training classes and other important training information:
- Registration for all training classes and conferences opens today August 13. The sooner people register for a class the more likely they are to get into it.
- I am attaching a template we have put together to help you walk with each of your staff to help them assess what courses or conferences they should be attending next in their development as staff. This is a draft, but I think it should give you an idea of some questions to ask.
- 2019-20 is going to be different from previous years of training conferences. In the past, we scheduled NST and WT either before or after the All Staff Conference. This next ASC will be different. In January 2019 we will convene New Staff Training and Winter Training as we had in the past in Florida. The change will come the summer of 2019. Instead of doing NST around ASC in January 2020 we are moving it up to August 2019. For that year only we will hold NST at Washington Family Ranch.
- For staff who are taking Gospels and Systematic Theology at WT for credit, there will be a new option. They can, instead, take these classes from their seminary online rather than attend WT in Florida. Should they decide to do this, YL will pay the cost of this class.
- Biblical Interpretation is now taking the place of Apologetics. This class is required for all staff associates to complete, but it is no longer a prerequisite for ordination. SAs can start the commissioning process without having completed this course but, to remain in good standing with their commissioning they must complete the class.
- As you probably know Crystal Kirgiss is digging into how we disciple in YL. Her work is beginning to filter into our training materials. At some point, it would be good to have her address our division in order to help us stack hands on the language we use in discussing the discipleship process in YL.
College Weekend at Creekside: September 21st-23rd:
The camp is charging $125 per camper. Below is a flyer that can use for your area. You will need to add your transportation costs.