New Year Holiday
Remember that January 1, 2016, New Year’s Day, is a paid Young Life holiday for all full-time staff. Please take the opportunity to wind down and celebrate all good things that God has done in 2015 and prepare for a fantastic 2016.
From everyone on the Regional Team, Happy New Year!
Office Operations at Year-End
With the New Year’s holiday many of us will be out of the office at various times. At the same time, donors may be trying to get a hold of us to assist with their year-end giving. Here are a few admin/operation requirements to remember:
- Voicemail: If you are going to be out of the office, change your voicemail to reflect your schedule. You should also let folks, including possible year-end donors, know who to contact in your absence if you will be out of office until after the first of the year. This is also true for the YL75 Celebration.
- E-mail: Use the out-of-office/vacation reply option on your email, if you will not be checking email. Again, if you will be out of office until after the first of the year, let folks know who they should contact.
- Check Office Mail: Someone must check your office mail on Dec. 31 after the drop off time. If you are out of town, identify someone who can check the mail and overnight donations.
- Regular Mail: It is too late to send things regular mail. They must be sent today overnight at Fed ex. The Post office overnight is taking 2-3 days. See address below.
- Overnight or Other Special Delivery Items: Must be received by noon on January 5, 2016, and should be mailed to CDS-Attn: Young Life, 2286 Crosswind Drive, Suite A, Prescott, AZ 86301, to assure it is received by the deadline. Make sure you use a service that can get it to Prescott, AZ.
- EFT Donations: Must be received by the end of business on December 31, 2015.
- Credit Card Donations: Must be received by the end of business on December 31, 2015. Please submit credit card donation forms via certified mail (or other trackable courier service) as this is required by PCI guidelines. (In order for Young Life to process credit card donations, we must adhere to PCI guidelines.)
- Last-Minute Gifts: If a donor comes to you with a last-minute gift and you are not able to meet the deadlines mentioned above, please encourage him or her to go online and give via credit card (not EFT). Online credit card gifts can be received through midnight (Eastern time) on December 31, 2015.
These moves ensure our financial integrity and continued good stewardship. Thank you!
YL75 Celebration Expenses Q&A
Preloaded per diem card: Once you check in at the YL75 Celebration, you will receive a preloaded cash card that you should use to pay for your meals and incidentals while you are at the conference. This is designed to cover meals that are “on your own”. During the YL75 Celebration, be sure to use this preloaded cash card instead of your P Card!
Do we know how much is on this? It’s to cover non-conference meals, correct? What does that include – a few breakfasts and park day? $180 is on the per diem card if you are coming for 1/5 – 1/10. The intent is the card will cover the cost of dinner on 1/5 through breakfast on 1/10. The per diem card will expire – they haven’t set the exact date but they say if you didn’t spend all your per diem money play it safe and spend all your per diem money by 1/15.
PCards: Any guidelines around when to use this and when not to? Or is this more of an area level question? There are YL75 FAQs where you can read further, but PCard can be used for business expenses in relationship to travelling to Orlando. Now if you are travelling before or after the conference, those are personal expenses. So for example, a staff person heads down on 12/30 to visit Florida friends – They will not be using their PCard for parking or meals because this is personal time. But when they fly home on 1/10, they will buy lunch at chic fil at the Orlando airport and use their PCard. Field Accounting will be sending out a communication early next week about coding YL75 expenses. Some expenses for travel and child care can be coded to the YL75 account where they have been setting aside money – again more communication to come later. Keep an eye out.